RCSD adjusting dismissal times for some schools amid bus driver shortage
ROCHESTER, N.Y. (WHEC) — A shortage of bus drivers is requiring the Rochester City School District to make some adjustments to some of its schools’ dismissal times.
The school district announced this week that it will have to enact its emergency transportation plan for some of its elementary schools.
The changes will go into effect when school starts on Sept. 8.
The following schools will run from 7:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.:
- Roberto Clemente School No. 8
- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. School No. 9
- Anna Murray-Douglass Academy School No. 12
- Enrico Fermi School No. 17
- The Children’s School of Rochester No. 15
- Pinnacle School No. 35
- Mary McLeod Bethune School No, 45
- Helen Barrett Montgomery School No. 50
- Wilson Foundation Academy
The following schools will run from 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.:
- John Williams School No. 5
- Virgil I. Grissom School No. 7
- Dr. Charles T. Lunsford School No. 19
- Francis Parker School No. 23
- Nathaniel Hawthorne School No. 25
- Henry Hudson School No. 28
- John James Audubon School No. 33
- Dr. Louis A. Cerulli School No. 34
- Charles Carroll School No. 46
- Montessori Academy School No. 53
- RISE Community School No. 106
The following schools will run from 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.:
- Clara Barton School No. 2
- George Mather Forbes School No. 4
- Dr. Walter Cooper Academy School No. 10
- John Walton Spencer School No. 16
- Abraham Lincoln School No. 22
- Adlai E. Stevenson School No. 29
- Andrew J. Townson School No. 39
- Abelard Reynolds School No. 42
- Frank Fowler Dow School No. 52
- The Flower City School No. 54
- World of Inquiry School No. 58 (K – 6)
In the announcement, Superintendent Lesli Myers-Small said parents should contact their school’s principal if they want to discuss the changes in school hours.
Secondary schools and programs are not being changed, according to the district.
The RCSD is holding a public forum on Saturday, Aug. 21 from 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. where it will provide more information on the 2021-22 school year. Click here for more information on how to register.