Rochester’s ‘Cool Sweep’ Heat Emergency program in effect
ROCHESTER, N.Y. (WHEC) — The City of Rochester’s Cool Sweep Heat Emergency program is in effect Friday due to hot and humid conditions.
If you want to cool off, there are several options from parks to pools. Take a look.
Check out the full list here:
Swimming Opportunities and Hours of Operation (extended hours):
- Durand Eastman Beach: 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Adams St. R-Center Pool, 85 Adams St.: Noon. to 8 p.m.
- Trenton & Pamela Jackson R-Center Pool 485 N. Clinton Ave.: Noon to 7:30 p.m.
Hydrant (noon to 4 p.m.)
- Baden Park gateway, Vienna Street
Spray Parks (Noon to 6 p.m.)
- Carter Street R-Center, 500 Carter St.
- Tyshaun Cauldwell R-Center for Hope, 524 Campbell St.
- Edgerton R-Center, 41 Backus St.
- Humboldt R-Center, 1045 Atlantic Ave.
- David F. Gantt R-Center, 700 North St.
- Thomas P. Ryan R-Center, 530 Webster Ave.
- Roxie Sinkler R-Center, 75 Grover St.
Spray Feature (Noon to 6 p.m.)
- Fourth and Peck Playground, Corner of Fourth and Peck Streets.
- Martin Luther King Jr. Park (playground area), 353 Court St.
- Troup Street Park, Troup Street and Van Auker Street (between Reynolds Street and Ford Street)
The 2021 Cool Sweep season runs through Aug. 28. Cool Sweeps do not take place on Sundays or on July 4.
More information on the program can be found here.