RPO announces summer season
ROCHESTER, N.Y. (WHEC) — The Rochester Philharmonic Orchestra (RPO) Wednesday announced its summer season, which will include 16 concerts from July 2 through July 29.
The season will kick off with "Jurassic Park in Concert" for one performance only on Saturday, July 2 at 6:30 p.m. in Kodak Hall at Eastman Theatre, which is a rescheduled date.
Then, "Disney’s The Little Mermaid in Concert Live to Film" has been rescheduled to Saturday, July 9 at 6:30 p.m. in Kodak Hall at Eastman Theatre and "National Geographic’s Symphony For Our World" has been rescheduled to Saturday, July 23 at 8 p.m. in Kodak Hall at Eastman Theatre.
In between, the RPO will hold several free concerts in City of Rochester parks on Tuesday Evenings at 6:30 p.m.:
- July 5: Susan B. Anthony Square Park (39 King St., 14608)
- July 12: Barrington Street Park (105 Barrington St., 14607)
- July 19: 500 Norton St., 14621 (behind Northeast Quadrant Neighborhood Service Center)
- July 26: Maplewood Rose Garden (250 Maplewood Ave., 14613)
Other free outdoor concerts include:
- Thursday, July 7 at 7:30 p.m.: RPO @ I Square (400 Bakers Park, 14607, by House of Guitars, supported by Howard Hanna Irondequoit Office)
- Friday, July 8 at 7 p.m.: RPO Under the Stars (Parcel 5) with Principal Pops Conductor Jeff Tyzik (supported by the City of Rochester & Downtown Definitely)
- Wednesday, July 13 at 7:30 p.m.: RPO @ Ontario Beach Park with Herb Smith, conductor (sponsored by Monroe County)
- Friday, July 15 at 8:30 p.m.: RPO @ Geneseo, SUNY Geneseo’s Saratoga Field with post-concert fireworks (free but ticket required: rpo.org or 585-454-2100, sponsored by The Community Foundation)
- Saturday, July 16 at 8:30 p.m. (following ball game): RPO @ Frontier Field with Byron Stripling, conductor (game ticket required: redwingsbaseball.com, 585-423-WING, sponsored by Monroe County)
- Sunday, July 24 at 7:30 p.m.: RPO @ Perinton Center Stage Amphitheatre Concert Series with Neil Varon, conductor (1100 Ayrault Rd, Fairport, 14450)
Ticketed concerts include:
- Thursday, July 21 at 7:30 p.m.: RPO @ Bristol Mountain (tickets available online or at 585-454-2100)
- Wednesday, July 27 at 7 p.m.: RPO @ Temple B’rith Kodesh with Matthew Kraemer, conductor (2131 Elmwood Ave., 14618, tickets available at 585-244-7060 x229 or firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Friday, July 29 at 7:30 p.m.: RPO @ Inlet with Matthew Kraemer, conductor (Arrowhead Park, Inlet, tickets available at 315-357-5501 or online)
Before buying tickets or going to an RPO concert, make sure to check its COVID-19 policies. As of the writing of this article, it does require all attendees for performances at Kodak Hall, Beston Hall, and Hochstein who are older than 5 to be fully vaccinated and show proof of vaccination and wear surgical, N95 or KN95 masks.
Tickets will go on sale on May 27. They will be available online or by phone at 585-454-2100 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday, or an hour before curtain at the Eastman Theatre Box Office at 433 East Main St. Tickets for kids between the ages of 3 and 17 are only available by phone.