Seneca Nation dropping lawsuit against New York State
IRVING, N.Y. (WGRZ/WHEC) — The Seneca Nation Thursday announced it’s dropping its lawsuit against New York State over the gaming agreement and said it will resume revenue payments.
Last year the court of appeals ruled the nation needs to pay for gaming rights granted back in 2013.
At the time, then-governor Andrew Cuomo said that came out to roughly $435 million. About $150 million of that will go to local governments, including Monroe County.
Thursday the Senecas said they will secure $40 million for the current compact.
New compact negotiations begin in 60 days.