Town of Perinton launching grant program for businesses and non-profits impacted by COVID
PERINTON, N.Y. (WHEC) — The Town of Perinton is creating a new grant program for small businesses and non-profits that need help with COVID-19 related expenses.
Town Supervisor Ciaran Hanna is using $200,000 in the Town’s American Rescue Plan Act to give eligible applicants up to $7,500.
To be eligible, businesses must:
- Be within the limits of the Town of Perinton.
- Have been established before March 1, 2021.
- Have 100 or fewer employees and be independently owned and operated.
- Have incurred unexpected expenses since March 1, 2020, due to COVID-19.
- Have experienced a loss in revenue due to COVID-19.
The program application is launching next Monday, April 18 online. The town says business owners who want to apply should plan on including an expense summary, plans for the next year, and the story of their recovery experience over the past two years.
Applications are due on Monday, May 16, and the town says funds should be dispersed in June.