Troopers: Rochester man facing charges after several guns and drugs seized following chase, crash
ROCHESTER, N.Y. (WHEC) – A Rochester man is facing a number of charges after a police chase that resulted in a crash Tuesday night.
State Police say 43-year-old Sharell Brown was pulled over just before 10 p.m. on Mount Read Boulevard for traffic violations.
Police say Brown was uncooperative and then took off before a trooper started a pursuit. Brown’s vehicle crashed into another car at the intersection of Glide Street and Buffalo Road where he was taken into custody.
Two people in the car that was hit were transported to the hospital with minor injuries.
State Police say Brown was in possession of a loaded .38 special handgun, metal knuckles, and an extendable baton, along with Suboxone strips, 14.5 grams of cocaine and several bags of unknown powders.
He is facing a series of charges:
- Criminal Possession of a Weapon, 2nd Degree
- 3 counts of Criminal Possession of a Weapon, 3rd Degree
- Criminal Possession of a Weapon, 3rd Degree
- Obstruction of Governmental Administration 2nd Degree
- Unlawful fleeing
- Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance, 4th Degree
- 2 counts of Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance, 3rd Degree
- Criminal Possession of a Controlled Substance, 5th Degree.