Webster Thomas upsets top-seeded Churchville-Chili in Class A semifinals
ROCHESTER, NY (WHEC) – (5) Webster Thomas varsity baseball defeated (1) Churchville-Chili, 8-5 in a Class A semifinal on Friday night.
The Titans, who are the defending champs, will face (2) Webster Schroeder in an all-Webster showdown for the championship next week. The game will either be May 31 or June 1 but is TBA at the moment. A crossover final with the other side of the Class A bracket will take place after the two winners are decided.
See highlights from Webster Thomas / Churchville-Chili in the video player above and check out other results from around Section V Sectionals on Friday evening.
(2) Webster Schroeder 2 | (3) Irondequoit 0 (Class A Semifinals) – Left side of bracket
(2) Pittsford Mendon 6 | (6) Greece Athena 3 (Class A Semifinals) – Right side of bracket
(5) Pittsford Sutherland 9 | (8) Wayne 1 (Class A Semifinals) – Right side of bracket
(5) Victor 3 | (8) Fairport 2 (Class AA Semifinals)
(2) McQuaid 11 | (3) Rush-Henrietta 3 (Class AA Semifinals)
(1) Pittsford 12 | (5) Rush-Henrietta 11 (Class A Semifinals)
(3) Fairport 8 | (2) McQuaid 7 (Class A Semifinals)