Let's start with the good news.
WHAT'S GOING ON?
CLICK HERE FOR FOURTH OF JULY PLANS
Fairport Canal Days
- Where: North Main Street from Liftbridge Lane to High Street
- When: Saturday, June 5, and Sunday, June 6, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- What to expect: The Village of Fairport's mayor and board of trustees approved plans for the festival in early May. Masks will be required at all times and the layout allows for social distancing. Instead of 300 vendors, tents will be set for 150.
15th Annual Fast & The Furriest® Pet Festival
- Where: The Animal Services Center at 184 Verona St.
- When: Saturday, June 5 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Virtual 5K, 10K, dog walk, and online auction runs through June 6.
- What to expect: A virtual 5K, 10K, and dog walk and an in-person pet festival to highlight and support Animal Services’ work to boost pet adoptions; provide animal care, recruit and work with volunteers; and provide spay/neuter programs. Click here to register for virtual events.
The Great New York State Fair
- Where: New York State Fairgrounds/Syracuse
- When: Friday, Aug. 20 - Monday, Sep. 6.
- What to expect: Fair will operate at 50% capacity in four separate areas, which includes food and beverages, music/concerts, amusement rides, and the agriculture exhibit. The capacity could change if guidelines change.
25th Annual Rochester Summer Soul Music Fest
- Where: Frontier Field
- When: Friday, Aug. 27, Saturday, Aug 28
- What to expect: The part gets kicked off with a Roc Summer Soul Tailgate DJ Tribute hosted by Ruff Ryders, and will be followed by Saturday's 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. block party featuring Grammy Award-winners Boyz II Men. General admission tickets are not being offered, but you can buy tickets here.
8th Annual Rochester Cocktail Revival
- Where: Multiple places, full calendar of events will launch online in August.
- When: Monday, Aug. 30 through Sunday, Sept. 5.
- What to expect: More than 20 participating bars. Tickets for highlight events including a garden party at Eastman Museum, the ever-popular Bar Room Battle Royale, and educational seminars. They go on sale on July 1.
M&T Bank Clothesline Festival
- Where: The Memorial Art Gallery (MAG) grounds.
- When: Sept. 11 and Sept. 12.
- What to expect: Art festival and celebration of artists that doubles as the MAG's largest annual fundraiser. The festival will share more details in early August.
Rochester Red Wings baseball
- Where: Frontier Field
- When: Now through Sep. 19 (pending playoffs)
- What to expect: The stadium will operate at "normal" capacity for people who are vaccinated. Sections for people who are unvaccinated will be seated at 33% capacity. Check out more information on tickets/seating charts here.
OUTDOOR ART/ENTERTAINMENT VENUES
- Where: Constellation Brands-Marvin Sands Performing Arts Center/ Canandaigua
- When: The venue will open with its first show on July 3.
- What to expect: The venue will require 100% vaccination to attend a concert. More information can be found here.
Seabreeze Amusement Park
- Where: 4600 Culver Rd.
- When: Opened May 22
- What to expect: Visit this page to learn how visiting the park during the pandemic will work
Six Flags Darien Lake
- Where: 9993 Alleghany Rd, Corfu
- When: Reopened May 21
- What to expect: Organizers say they plan to take steps including contactless security and temperature checks for guests and team members, as well as mobile ordering, and only accepting mobile and card payments. Check out the full plan here.
INDOOR ART/ENTERTAINMENT VENUES
Art and entertainment venues reopened across the state. Like other venues, most capacity restrictions were lifted on May 19. Indoor venues will still have to keep people physically distant at six feet apart.
- Hilton Fire Department Carnival: Will take place July 14 to July 17. The carnival will not include a national music act but will have smaller live music events each night.
Several major festivals announced they would not be able to hold events in 2021.
- Park Avenue Festival - Postponed to Aug. 6 - 7, 2022. See the previous story here.
- Rochester International Jazz Festival - Postponed to June 17- June 25, 2022. See the previous story here.
- Corn Hill Arts Festival - While canceled, organizers have said they are working with the festival committee and sponsors to find a unique way to keep the spirit of the festival alive.
- Finger Lakes Wine Festival at Watkins Glen International
- Spencerport Canal Days- Postponed to July 30 and 31, 2022.
- Monroe County Fair- 2022 dates TBA.
- Wayne County Fair- While the fair itself is canceled, organizers say a series of outdoor events will continue starting with Derby Day on Aug 7. A full list of events and times can be found here.
- Avon Rotary Corn Festival- Organizers canceled for 2021 but are promising to try their best to bring the festival back and make it better on Saturday, Aug. 13, 2022.
Several firemen's carnivals have been canceled this year, including:
- Webster Firemen’s Carnival
- Spencerport Firemen’s Carnival
- Hamlin Firemen’s Carnival