Advertisement

2 dogs die in Sodus house fire

WHECTV
Updated: October 03, 2019 06:25 AM
Created: October 03, 2019 06:10 AM

SODUS, N.Y. (WHEC) — A family of seven was forced from their home after a massive fire Wednesday night.

Flames broke out at a home on Belden Avenue in the Village of Sodus just after 10 p.m.

Advertisement

Firefighters said the flames spread quickly, so they called in more manpower. At least five other departments showed up to the scene.

Two adults and five kids made it out safely, but two dogs were killed.

Fire officials believe the flames started on the stove. The house suffered significant fire damage and will need major repairs.

The Red Cross is helping the family.


Copyright 2019 - WHEC-TV, LLC A Hubbard Broadcasting Company

Comment on Facebook
Advertisement