August 21, 2019 06:00 AM
VICTOR, N.Y. (WHEC) — E. coli has been found in the water supply for the Village of Victor, according to the Monroe County Water Authority.
The dangerous bacteria was found in the drinking water Aug. 15, but the water authority claims it was not notified until Aug. 20.
All streets in the Village of Victor and certain streets in the Town of Victor are affected. A list of affected streets can be found on the Monroe County Water Authority's website.
Crews will be flushing the area and testing samples, the water authority says. Once the tests come back clean, the boil water advisory will be lifted.
Customers can expect to have to boil their water for at least two more days.
When E. coli is found in the water, it means the supply may be contaminated with human or animal waste. This could lead to many different symptoms, including diarrhea, cramps, nausea, and headaches. The most at-risk are infants, the elderly, and others with compromised immune systems.
Anyone who experiences these symptoms is urged to see a doctor.
Updated: August 21, 2019 06:00 AM
Created: August 20, 2019 08:53 PM
Copyright 2019 - WHEC-TV, LLC A Hubbard Broadcasting Company