May 23, 2019 06:24 PM
ROCHESTER, N.Y. (WHEC) -- Believe it not, there's a lot more to do at Oak Hill Country Club than just watch the golf. The 2019 Kitchenaid Senior PGA Championship has some fun for all you foodies out there.
The tournament is called the Kitchenaid Senior PGA after all.
All throughout the week, the Kitchenaid demo tent will be hosting a variety of chefs to show off their craft.
Thursday's demonstration featured chef Stephnie Izard, a recent Iron Chef Gauntlet winner.
Izard admitted cooking on a golf course is a unique experience for her, one that she had a lot of fun with.
"Growing up, my mom's two favorite loves were golf and cooking so to have the two come together today was really awesome. When I asked how many people cook at home and 90 percent of the people raised their hands, that's what we want. We want people who cook at home and are so excited to learn things they can do and have fun for a little bit," expressed Izard.
Izard is just one of the many talented chefs that will be here at Oak Hill this week.
Read below for the full chef demonstration schedule:
Thursday, May 23
- 1 p.m.: Celebrity Chef, Stephanie Izard, the first female chef to win Bravo’s Top Chef and recent Iron Chef winner from Food Network’s Iron Chef Gauntlet
- 2:30 p.m.: Chef Steve Eakins, Radio Social
Friday, May 24
- 1 p.m.: Celebrity Chef, Tom Colicchio, chef and owner of Crafted Hospitality and co-founder of Gramercy Tavern in New York City
- 2:30 p.m.: Chef Joe Zolnierowski, Nosh, accompanied by the winner of the Tastiest Recipe contest
Saturday, May 25
- 1 p.m.: Celebrity Chef, Alex Guarnaschelli, Executive Chef at Butter and Expert on Iron Chef and Food Network
- 2:30 p.m.: Chef Chris Roth, Oak Hill Country Club
Sunday, May 26
- Noon: Chef Matt Wooster, New York Kitchen
- 1:30 p.m.: Mary Beth Brinkerhoff, New York Kitchen
Updated: May 23, 2019 06:24 PM
Created: May 23, 2019 06:10 PM
Copyright 2019 - WHEC-TV, LLC A Hubbard Broadcasting Company