May 03, 2018 11:15 PM
Orleans County Sheriff’s deputies announced charges Wednesday night in the death of a Kendall mother and son who died from carbon monoxide poisoning.
David Wiley Jr., 39, faces two counts of criminally negligent homicide and two counts of reckless endangerment.
Joan Gilman, 38, and her son Richard Gilman, 14, died last month in their home on Center Road in Kendall.
Investigators said that Wiley was the care taker for the property, and utility bills were in his name. National Grid shut off power to the property on April 16. Investigators said that Wiley ran a generator in a closed garage directly beneath the bedroom of the victims.
Deputies said that Wiley engaged in conduct that created a grave risk of death, and did not realize the substantial and unjustifiable risk of his actions. They added that he did not have proper regard for human life.
Updated: May 03, 2018 11:15 PM
Created: May 03, 2018 09:29 PM
Copyright 2018 - WHEC-TV, LLC A Hubbard Broadcasting Company