Foods containing rice and sweet potatoes were particularly likely to have high levels of heavy metals. Products labeled organic don't necessarily contain lower amounts of heavy metals, the testing found.
The good news according to scientists -- just because your baby eats this food, does not mean they'll have any negative impacts. especially since they don't eat a ton of it. Scientists do, however, recommend parents change up a baby's diet.
Here's a list of some of the products Consumer Reports recommends limiting exposure to:
- Gerber Chicken & Rice
- Gerber Lil' Meals White Turkey Stew With Rice & Vegetables
- Gerber Carrot, Pear & Blackberry
- Gerber Graduates Cinnamon Graham Animal Crackers
- Beech-Nut Classics Sweet Potatoes
- Sprout Organic Baby Food Garden Vegetables Brown Rice With Turkey
- Happy Baby Organics Organic Probiotic Baby Cereal
- Plum Organics Just Sweet Potato Organic Baby Food
Created: August 17, 2018 08:24 AM
Copyright 2018 - WHEC-TV, LLC A Hubbard Broadcasting Company