Cuomo asked about sexual harassment allegations Monday | WHEC.com

 

Cuomo asked about sexual harassment allegations Monday

WHECTV
Updated: December 14, 2020 05:17 PM
Created: December 14, 2020 04:24 PM

ROCHESTER, N.Y. (WHEC) — A 36-year-old former aide to Gov. Andrew Cuomo accused him of sexual harassment in a series of tweets Sunday.

Former economic adviser Lindsey Boylan claimed Cuomo made inappropriate comments about her appearance.

Gov. Cuomo was asked about these allegations by two different reporters Monday, both times he said the allegations against him are simply "not true."

Boylan, who is running for Manhattan Borough President, worked for the Cuomo administration from March 2015 to October 2018, serving as an executive vice president of empire state development, then as a special adviser to Cuomo for economic development.

Earlier this month, Boylan tweeted that working in Cuomo’s administration was the worst job she ever had, calling the environment “beyond toxic.”

Personnel memos written in 2018 and obtained by the Associated Press indicated Boylan resigned after she was confronted about complaints about her own office behavior.

The governor was asked if he remembered any instances where he commented on Boylan’s looks.  

He instead reiterated that he denied her allegations.

“I fought for and I believe a woman has the right to come forward and express her opinion and express issues and concerns that she has,” Cuomo said. “But it’s just not true.” 

Don't expect to hear much more from the governor’s accuser. 

Boylan did not provide details of the alleged harassment and tweeted that she has no interest in talking to journalists, saying she is about validating the experience of countless women and making sure abuse stops.


Copyright 2020 - WHEC-TV, LLC A Hubbard Broadcasting Company

Comment on Facebook