Updated: May 27, 2022 06:19 PM
Created: May 27, 2022 01:22 PM
To be eligible to vote in a New York Primary, you must be registered in a political party and:
• be a United States citizen;
• be 18 years old (you may pre-register at 16 or 17 but cannot vote until you are 18);
• be a resident of this state and the county, city or village for at least 30 days before the election;
• not be in prison for a felony conviction;
• not be adjudged mentally incompetent by a court;
• not claim the right to vote elsewhere.
Due to a court challenge over redistricting maps, New York will have a second primary for state senate and congressional seats. That vote is set for August 23.
Copyright 2022 - WHEC-TV, LLC A Hubbard Broadcasting Company