Advertisement

Firefighter burned in overnight blaze

Firefighter burned in overnight blaze

August 18, 2019 09:38 PM

ROCHESTER, N.Y. (WHEC) — A firefighter was taken to the hospital after he sustained burns to his hands while fighting an overnight fire.

According to firefighters, the fire started in a duplex at Maxwell Avenue and Bradburn Street. An extra engine was called to the scene because of the heavy flames.

Advertisement – Content Continues Below

The building took extensive damage to the first and second floors along with the attic.

Firefighters say four people were forced out of the home but the only injury was to the firefighter's hand.

WHECTV

Copyright 2019 - WHEC-TV, LLC A Hubbard Broadcasting Company

Advertisement
Advertisement