Rochester house fire blamed on box of cans left on stove

January 13, 2018 11:50 PM

One firefighter suffered an ankle injury battling a house fire Saturday morning on Frost Avenue in Rochester.

Firefighters responded just after 11 a.m. and found smoke coming from the one family home. They were able to contain the fire within 14 minutes.

Advertisement – Content Continues Below

The Red Cross is helping one adult and three children who were forced from the home.

Investigators say a box of cans left on the stove led to the fire, but they ruled it to be an accidental cause.


Copyright 2018 - WHEC-TV, LLC A Hubbard Broadcasting Company

Relay Media Amp

We no longer have Facebook comments on this site. Please visit our Facebook Page to join the conversation.