Updated: September 23, 2019 08:45 AM
Created: September 23, 2019 04:51 AM
ROCHESTER, N.Y. (WHEC) — Firefighters and police responded a hazmat emergency at the University of Rochester early Monday morning.
The call came in around midnight from the south side of campus on Elmwood Ave.
Fire officials say sulfuric acid had leaked from a pipe at a facilities building.
Four employees came to work and noticed the odor and felt sick. The workers did not seek medical treatment.
The building will be closed until clean up is complete, according to the fire department.
Copyright 2019 - WHEC-TV, LLC A Hubbard Broadcasting Company