In-Depth: What to do if you lose your vaccine card

Created: April 16, 2021 08:11 AM

ROCHESTER, N.Y. (WHEC)— If you've already been vaccinated, you should have a vaccination card. But what happens if you lose it?

There are a few things you can do.

The best thing you can do is call your vaccination provider, so where ever you got the shot, whether you're fully vaccinated, or in between shots, they should have direct access to your record.

If you can't contact them, you can call the New York State Department of Health at 1-833-NYS-4-VAX (1-833-697-4829). Vaccine providers are required to report all COVID vaccinations to the state.

Lastly, if you've enrolled in an app like V-Safe or the Excelsior Pass, it should have your vaccine information for you.

As for what to do with your vaccine card, check out our Good Question segment on it.


See our previous In-Depth stories here.

Copyright 2021 - WHEC-TV, LLC A Hubbard Broadcasting Company