Updated: October 23, 2019 05:31 AM
Created: October 22, 2019 07:59 PM
FAIRPORT, N.Y. (WHEC) — Investigators are looking into what sparked a large fire in Fairport on Tuesday night.
The fire started in a detached garage on West Church Street near Perrin Street around 7 p.m.
Heavy smoke poured out of the burned-out garage. Fighterfighters were able to get the fire under control fairly quickly, but the garage is badly damaged, according to the Fairport Fire Department.
There was no damage to the house itself.
No one was hurt.
A section of West Church Street was closed for a couple hours Tuesday night but has since reopened to traffic.
Copyright 2019 - WHEC-TV, LLC A Hubbard Broadcasting Company