Advertisement

Macy's evacuated after the smell of smoke fills the store

Macy's evacuated after the smell of smoke fills the store Photo: Michel Curi / CC BY 2.0 .

June 17, 2019 05:03 AM

GREECE, N.Y. (WHEC) — A mechanical issue may be to blame for an emergency at the Mall at Greece Ridge Sunday afternoon. 

Firefighters evacuated the Macy's store after receiving reports of the smell of smoke.

Advertisement – Content Continues Below

Firefighters found the odor was coming from a burnt-out motor in the ventilation unit.

The incident occurred a little after 2 p.m.

Macy's was the only store in the mall evacuated and has since been reopened to the public.

WHECTV

Copyright 2019 - WHEC-TV, LLC A Hubbard Broadcasting Company

Advertisement
Advertisement

We no longer have Facebook comments on this site. Please visit our Facebook Page to join the conversation.

Advertisement