January 28, 2019 11:01 AM
(WHEC) -- Rochester Mayor Lovely Warren has been appointed to the New York State Complete Count Commission, Governor Andrew Cuomo announced Monday.
The Commission is tasked with ensuring an accurate and complete count of New York's population in the 2020 Census.
Cuomo appointed New York State Secretary of State Rossana Rosado and President of the Rockefeller Institute of Government Jim Malatras as co-chairs of the Commission. In addition to Warren, the governor appointed the following members:
- Steve Bellone, Suffolk County Executive
- Karim Camara, Executive Director and Deputy Commissioner, Governor's Office of Faith-Based Community Development
- Bitta Mostofi, Commissioner of the New York City Mayor's Office of Immigrant Affairs
- Roberta Reardon, Commissioner, New York State Department of Labor
- Joseph Salvo, Chief Demographic Officer, New York City Planning Department
The Commission will hold public hearings and events to gain public input, establish working groups, and develop a plan for state, local, and non-governmental organizations to ensure an accurate count for the 2020 Census.
Created: January 28, 2019 11:01 AM
Copyright 2019 - WHEC-TV, LLC A Hubbard Broadcasting Company