Advertisement

Mother, child escape house fire on Arnett Boulevard

May 24, 2019 05:16 AM

ROCHESTER, N.Y. (WHEC) -- Investigators are looking into what sparked a house fire on Arnett Boulevard Thursday night. 

A mother and her child were upstairs in the home when she heard the smoke alarm going off around 9:30 p.m. Thursday. 

Advertisement – Content Continues Below

Firefighters say they arrived to find heavy fire on the first floor that was quickly spreading to the second floor.

Rochester Deputy Fire Chief Darryl Winter says smoke detectors were essential for a safe escape in this case.

"Here is a primary example, if the smoke alarm doesn't go off, she's upstairs before they even notice the smoke and the fire probably engulfs the whole first floor" Chief Winter said.

Everyone made it out of the house. No one was hurt. The house has severe damage. 

The Red Cross is helping the family. 

WHECTV

Copyright 2019 - WHEC-TV, LLC A Hubbard Broadcasting Company

Advertisement
Advertisement

We no longer have Facebook comments on this site. Please visit our Facebook Page to join the conversation.

Advertisement