July 15, 2019 06:15 PM
ROCHESTER, N.Y. (WHEC) — A 3-year-old boy has died after he fell into a grease trap at Tim Hortons on University Avenue.
Rochester Police say the boy fell into the trap behind the restaurant Monday morning. The boy's mother couldn't find him so she called police.
By the time first responders arrived, a bystander had pulled the boy out and was trying to revive him. CPR attempts by the bystander and EMTs were unsuccessful.
The boy, whose name has not yet been released, was taken to Strong Memorial Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Updated: July 15, 2019 06:15 PM
Created: July 15, 2019 11:30 AM
Copyright 2019 - WHEC-TV, LLC A Hubbard Broadcasting Company