Updated: March 10, 2021 08:51 PM
Created: March 10, 2021 06:38 PM
ALBANY, N.Y. (WHEC) — New details have been released about what the sixth woman who has come out with allegations about Gov. Andrew Cuomo says he did to her.
The Albany Times Union has still not released the woman's name, but is reporting that she is much younger than Cuomo and that the governor was called to the governor's mansion and told that Cuomo needed help with his phone.
The Times Union says the two were alone in the governor's private residence when he closed the door and allegedly reached under her blouse and began to fondle her; she told him to stop.
The woman is also claiming that he frequently engaged in flirtatious behavior with her, and that it was not the only time that he had touched her.
The allegations were first reported by the newspaper on Tuesday, but details on what exactly happened were limited to only that the governor allegedly touched her inappropriately. The incident allegedly happened late last year.
During a conference call only a few hours after the allegations were reported, Cuomo claimed he wasn't aware of the then-new allegations.
"I'm not aware of any other claim," Cuomo said. "As I said last week this is very simple. I never touched anyone inappropriately. As I said last week, I never made any inappropriate advances. No one ever told me at the time that I made them feel uncomfortable. Obviously, there are people who after the fact said they felt uncomfortable. Nobody told me at the time. The sense of the people is that they wanted an independent investigation by the attorney general, and the Attorney General announced independent investigators. I'm going to respect that investigation that the AG is doing and the investigation will get the facts. Every woman has a right to come forward, [I] encourage that, let the investigation get the facts and we'll take it from there."
Debra Katz, the attorney for Charlotte Bennett, Cuomo's second accuser, released the following statement on the new details Wednesday night:
“This victim’s allegations are eerily similar to what Charlotte Bennett has alleged. Charlotte was summoned to the Capitol on a Saturday, left isolated with the Governor and asked to help him with minor technical issues with his phone. Charlotte reported this behavior and the Governor’s sexual proposition to his most senior aides, including his Special Counsel, Judith Mogul. In response, those aides failed to report Charlotte’s claims to the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations, as they were legally required. The Governor’s sexual harassment, which Charlotte Bennett reported, was buried by his aides and never properly investigated. Because of their enablement, another young woman was left in harm’s way. Had the Governor’s staff taken Charlotte Bennett’s allegations and their legal obligations seriously, perhaps this woman would have been spared of this sexual assault. That the governor does not deny touching people, but insists he never did it inappropriately, shows he is committed to gaslighting victims and perpetuating these lies. This is exactly how abusers operate.”
Copyright 2021 - WHEC-TV, LLC A Hubbard Broadcasting Company