September 12, 2018 06:33 AM
According to TMZ, Richie Incognito apologized for his actions that led to his arrest at an Arizona funeral home back in August.
Incognito says he never threatened to shoot anyone but does admit that he 'lost his cool' after his father's death.
Back on Aug. 20, police in the Phoenix suburb of Scottsdale said Incognito had been booked on suspicion of misdemeanor charges of threats and disorderly conduct.
Police said Incognito was at the Messinger Pinnacle Peak Mortuary to make arrangements for his father who died.
"Incognito reportedly was upset with staff and began to damage property inside the business and shout at employees," said Sgt. Ben Hoster, a police spokesman. "At several points during his contact with staff, Incognito threatened to retrieve guns from his vehicle and return to shoot the employees."
A police report showed officers later executed a search warrant on Incognito's pickup truck and seized two Glocks, three rifles and a silencer for a handgun.
The report also said Incognito's family had told him he wasn't going to be allowed to attend his father's funeral and he had been acting erratically.
Witnesses at the funeral home told police that Incognito wanted them to cut his dead dad's head off for research purposes and Incognito punched caskets, threw pamphlets around and took an urn from a shelf and slammed it down on top of a casket.
Richie Incognito's formal apology to his fans, released Tuesday:
“I just want to apologize to all my fans, and the people of the Bills Mafia, the Rams, the Dolphins, the University of Nebraska, all these people that have supported me. I let em' down. I am not guilty. And you know the court process will play itself out. But I feel like I let everybody down. I lost my cool with my father passing. And I feel confident that I will be vindicated in the court process or whatever the heck we’re in right now.”
Updated: September 12, 2018 06:33 AM
Created: September 11, 2018 07:02 PM
Copyright 2018 - WHEC-TV, LLC A Hubbard Broadcasting Company