December 08, 2017 10:05 AM
An 18-year-old RIT student had to be revived after he was shocked working on a project in Chili.
Deputies say Parker Anderson was working on a project in the basement of his home on Dortmund Circle in Chili when he was hurt. Investigators say he was trying to build a "Jacob's Ladder" device -- an electrical experiment.
Anderson was taken to the hospital where he is in guarded.
“It appears he used a microwave transmitter to create a Jacob's Ladder and he was using the power to get the amps to come up," says Lt. Dean Tuthill, Monroe County Sheriff's Office. "It was like 2,100 volts. No explosion at all it was just electricity transferred to his body."
Monroe Co. Sheriff's Deputies called to Dortmund Circle in Chili for 18 year old who was electrocuted. The Sheriff's office tells us he was doing a science experiment for a class at RIT. Deputies helped with CPR. He was rushed to Strong Memorial Hospital. pic.twitter.com/vhlEJk9WeZ— Lynette Adams (@whec_ladams) December 7, 2017
Updated: December 08, 2017 10:05 AM
Created: December 07, 2017 05:02 PM
Copyright 2017 - WHEC-TV, LLC A Hubbard Broadcasting Company