Advertisement

Shot down: Woodstock 50 will not take place at Vernon Downs, town says

undefined undefined

July 16, 2019 09:39 PM

VERNON, N.Y. (WHEC) -- Woodstock 50 will not take place at Vernon Downs this August. 

According to Syracuse.com, the Vernon town planning board voted unanimously to uphold the denial of Woodstock's application to hold the three-day concert. 

Advertisement

The town denied the permit application just last week for the Aug. 16-18 festival at the racetrack and casino. The town attorney told Syracuse.com that it was filed too late and was "dramatically incomplete." 

Some local residents had also voiced concerns about preparing for a big festival on short notice.

The track emerged as a possible festival site after the original venue, Watkins Glen International, pulled out last month.

The festival has faced other setbacks, including the losses of a financial partner and a production company.

Promoters say they don't plan to challenge the decision in court. 

WHECTV

Copyright 2019 - WHEC-TV, LLC A Hubbard Broadcasting Company

Advertisement
Advertisement

We no longer have Facebook comments on this site. Please visit our Facebook Page to join the conversation.

Advertisement