Feeling sick and concerned? Here's who you should call first | WHEC.com

Feeling sick and concerned? Here's who you should call first

undefined undefined

Updated: March 12, 2020 03:26 PM
Created: March 12, 2020 01:25 PM

ROCHESTER, N.Y. (WHEC) — If you have symptoms of the coronavirus, which include fever, cough and shortness of breath, here are the steps that doctors and public health officials recommend you take.

Are sick and concerned? Call your doctor first. 

If you do not have a doctor, call the Monroe County Health Department hotline at (585) 753-5555 or email covid19@monroecounty.gov. You can also call the UR Medicine hotline at (888) 928-0011.

If you live outside Monroe County, call your doctor first.

Here are the numbers to public health departments: 

  • Ontario County Public Health: (585) 396-4343
  • Livingston County Public Health: (585) 243-7299
  • Wayne County Public Health: (315) 946-5749
  • Orleans County Public Health: (585) 589-3278 or OCPublicHealth@orleanscountyny.gov    
  • Genesee County Public Health: (585) 344-2580 x 5555 or Health@co.genesee.ny.us

If you are not sick but have basic questions about COVID-19, call the New York State Hotline at (888) 364-3065. 

URMC has also created a website with coronavirus information.

Click here for News10NBC's full coverage of the coronavirus.

Copyright 2020 - WHEC-TV, LLC A Hubbard Broadcasting Company

Comment on Facebook