November 15, 2018 11:17 PM
A Rochester man accidentally set his house on fire while setting up a space heater during Thursday's winter storm.
The Rochester Fire Department responded to Hollister Street in the City of Rochester just before 8 p.m.
When firefighters arrived, heavy smoke and flames was seen coming from the first floor.
The homeowner was setting up a space heater in the basement when nearby flammables ignited. The fire eventually extended from the basement all the way to the attic.
The man tried to carry the burning materials outside which caused second-degree burns on his hands.
The four people in the house made it out safely but one pet is still missing.
News10NBC will provide additional information as it becomes available.
Updated: November 15, 2018 11:17 PM
Created: November 15, 2018 09:44 PM
Copyright 2018 - WHEC-TV, LLC A Hubbard Broadcasting Company