Advertisement

Spontaneous combustion of rags cause Culver Road house fire

August 09, 2018 07:38 AM

A woman and her grandson were forced out of their home after flames broke out early Thursday morning.

Firefighters say a bunch of rags that were used to refinish the floors at a home on Culver Road caught fire around 5 a.m. The woman inside heard the smoke alarms going off and immediately called 911. 

Advertisement – Content Continues Below

Fire crews say if it wasn't for the smoke alarm, the fire could have been deadly. 

Crews were able to quickly put the fire out. 

Firefighters say the house had very little damage.

No one was hurt.

WHECTV

Copyright 2018 - WHEC-TV, LLC A Hubbard Broadcasting Company

Advertisement
Advertisement
Relay Media Amp

We no longer have Facebook comments on this site. Please visit our Facebook Page to join the conversation.

Advertisement