Advertisement

2 new lawsuits filed against 70s-era Boy Scout leaders in region

WHECTV
Updated: October 01, 2019 05:17 AM
Created: September 30, 2019 10:45 PM

ROCHESTER, N.Y. (WHEC) — News10NBC has learned of two new local filings under the Child Victims Act, with two former Boy Scout leaders accused of sexual abuse. 

The first complaint names Alan Miles Dean of Wayne County. The victim in that case claims he was abused in 1979 as a scout.

Advertisement

Dean previously pleaded guilty to second-degree sexual abuse in 1973 and had been accused by Scouts previously. He was even added to the Boy Scouts of America's "Perversion Files" in 1985. Those files document allegations of abuse.

In the second complaint, the victim says he was abused between 1970 and 1972. The defendant in that case does not appear in the "Perversion Files." 

Both plaintiffs used to live in the Rochester area, and the alleged abuse happened in the area as well.

The Seneca Waterways Council said in a statement it has not been served any lawsuits related to this matter, but said that "we care deeply about all victims of abuse and sincerely apologize to anyone who was harmed during their time in scouting."


Copyright 2019 - WHEC-TV, LLC A Hubbard Broadcasting Company

Comment on Facebook
Advertisement