Crews battle fire at Victor Central School bus garage | WHEC.com

Crews battle fire at Victor Central School bus garage

WHECTV
Created: February 04, 2020 05:21 AM

VICTOR, N.Y. (WHEC) — Crews are battling a fire at a school bus garage Tuesday morning.

There was a fire at the Victor Central Schools school bus garage and two buses were destroyed in the fire. There was minor damage to about four or five other buses though not to the garage itself, according to fire officials.

The fire started at the garage on Lane Road around 2 a.m. when someone saw the flames and called 911.

Fire crews told News10NBC they had issues reaching the fire as the garage gate was locked. Firefighters believe this could be a mechanical fire but are still investigating.

School officials say this won't have an impact on students or classes at the school and pick up times will remain the same.


Copyright 2020 - WHEC-TV, LLC A Hubbard Broadcasting Company

Comment on Facebook