4 people displaced after house fire on Madison Street

4 people displaced after house fire on Madison Street Photo: MGN Online.

Updated: November 21, 2020 12:24 PM
Created: November 21, 2020 12:21 PM

ROCHESTER, N.Y. (WHEC) — Four people have been displaced from their home after a fire on Madison Street.

The Rochester Fire Department responded around  10:15 a.m. to the report of a house fire.

Upon arrival, firefighters were met with heavy smoke but no visible fire. Using a thermal imagining unit, firefighters were able to discover that the fire was in the wall between the kitchen and bathroom on the first floor. 

Crews say they had to remove the pantry to open up the wall to get to the fire. Once the wall was open, crews were able to extinguish the fire quickly.  

All occupants were able to get out safely and no injuries were reported. 

The Red Cross is assisting four adults with temporary housing.

Firefighters say a tripped breaker was found in the basement electrical box and the cause of the fire was determined to be electrical in nature. 

Copyright 2020 - WHEC-TV, LLC A Hubbard Broadcasting Company

Comment on Facebook