'He does need to be brought to justice' Police search for boyfriend of woman found dead in Irondequoit | WHEC.com

'He does need to be brought to justice' Police search for boyfriend of woman found dead in Irondequoit

Berkeley Brean
Updated: May 29, 2021 01:28 PM
Created: May 28, 2021 06:12 PM

IRONDEQUOIT, N.Y. (WHEC) — A nationwide search is on for the boyfriend of the woman found dead outside their home in Irondequoit. 

Every day this week we have learned new information on this case. Friday, some of it was gruesome. 

Police say the woman who was found dead was dismembered. Her name was Lisa Shuler. She was 37 years old. 

The boyfriend's name is Seth Larson. Police believe he is driving a blue Nissan Juke with peeling yellow and blue New York license plates FTP 6756. 

Police want to talk to him but they say he's disappeared. The last record they have of him is Tuesday in Maryland. 

"He's a person of interest because we have not talked to him and he lived at the location," Irondequoit Police Chief Alan Laird said. 

Chief Laird says Larson owned the home on Culver Road where his girlfriend was found. He says they were together for 10 years. 

Brean: "Chief, when do you think the woman was killed?"

Laird: "We're not going to comment on that at this time."

Brean: "And why do you think he went to Maryland?"

Laird: "We don't know why."

Brean: "Do you know if he has connections in other states and therefore people in those states should be on the lookout?"

Laird: "Well, like I said we're asking for help to get it across the country, this information across the country. We don't know exactly where he's headed. So he could be going anywhere so that's why we're asking for that assistance."

For more than 50 hours, police had the property sealed off. They used drones to search from above and investigators walked in and out of the gate behind the house. 

The property is large with a privacy fence all around.

Richard Vitello was one of the first neighbors I talked to on Tuesday, the day police discovered the body. 

"They're kind of private. They have a gated fence. Sometimes I might see them coming and going," he said. "But I don't pay extra attention unless I see or hear something. And there really hasn't been anything in the last 24 to 48 hours that sticks out."

We learned Larson and Shuler coached little league baseball in Irondequoit as recently as last fall. 

Irondequoit Little League shared this statement saying, "We are shocked and saddened by these recent events."

There is still no official cause of death for Shuler and police only refer to Larson as their person of interest. 

Copyright 2021 - WHEC-TV, LLC A Hubbard Broadcasting Company