Judge's ruling brings back 10 p.m. curfew for more than 90 bars, restaurants that sued NY

WHECTV
Updated: February 10, 2021 01:52 PM
Created: February 10, 2021 11:19 AM

ROCHESTER, N.Y.(WHEC)— A previously-paused 10 p.m. curfew for a select group of New York restaurants and bars is back in effect after a federal judge's ruling Tuesday.

 U.S. Southern District Court of New York Judge Pauly Crotty chose to uphold the curfew for the more than 90 restaurants who sued the state in an effort to lift the curfew. In his rulling, Crotty said the court understood the "financial; injuries" suffered by restaurants, but the law did support their preliminary injunction.

Senior Advisor to Governor Cuomo Rich Azzopardi also shared a New York State's Appellate Court Judge's decision on the matter with News10NBC.

A State Supreme Court Judge based out of Erie County had previously issued a temporary restraining order Friday morning, lifting the curfew for establishments that were part of the lawsuit, effectively immediately. Veneto Wood Fired Pizza and Pasta in Gates and Robbie’s Bar and Grill in Greece were included in the lawsuit. Rizzis Restaurant said it could stay open past 10 p.m.

  Gallivan Order by News10NBC on Scribd

News10NBC is working to get more details. 


Copyright 2021 - WHEC-TV, LLC A Hubbard Broadcasting Company

Comment on Facebook