Created: July 15, 2021 08:44 PM
ROCHESTER, N.Y. (WHEC) — The Monroe County Sheriff’s Office (MCSO) said Thursday its Operation Guardian program has resulted in more than two dozen arrests in the past month.
Operation Guardian was unveiled last month as a way to address the spike in homicides, shootings and stabbings in the city of Rochester.
When Sheriff Todd Baxter laid out the program he said it would include precision policing by putting deputies in some of the most troubled areas of the city.
On Thursday, The MCSO tweeted saying its omni presence patrols, walking patrols, neighborhood engagement and strategic enforcement tactics led to 26 arrests between June 15 and July 14.
Of those arrests, one was for murder, two were for sexual assault, two were for assault, four were for criminal possession of a weapon, three were for robbery, seven were for burglary, three were for parole and four were for drugs.
The MCSO said it also recovered one gun and served 52 warrants.
Possession of a Weapon, (3) Robbery, (7) Burglary, (3) Parole, (4) Drugs, (1) Gun Recovered. MCSO served 52 Warrants. There is more work to do! #operationguardian— Monroe County Sheriff’s Office (@monroesheriffny) July 15, 2021
Copyright 2021 - WHEC-TV, LLC A Hubbard Broadcasting Company