Updated: April 28, 2021 03:03 PM
Created: April 28, 2021 08:18 AM
GATES, N.Y. (WHEC) — The teenager charged with murder in the deadly shooting of an Irondequoit man during an attempted carjacking in Gates earlier this month was set to appear in court Wednesday, but his preliminary hearing was canceled just before it was set to begin.
The Monroe County District Attorney's Office says the hearing was canceled because the grand jury voted to indict Tolentino on at least one felony, and the charge will be revealed when the grand jury rises.
After that, a court date will be set where Tolentino will be arraigned on that charge.
Gates Police told News10NBC on Friday they are still searching for "one more" suspect.
Copyright 2021 - WHEC-TV, LLC A Hubbard Broadcasting Company