Oliver, Davis, others return to Bills practice, many still held out
ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (WHEC) – Buffalo Bills fans worried about a defense riddled with injuries got one glimmer of hope. On Thursday, defensive tackle Ed Oliver returned to practice after over missing two weeks.
Also returning to practice was wide receiver Gabe Davis. Both Davis and Oliver missed the Bills’ week 2 contest against the Tennessee Titans. Tim Settle was also seen on the practice field on Thursday.
Dawson Knox, Matt Milano, and Mitch Morse, who were also banged up on Monday night, practiced on Thursday.
That laundry list of players were hurt in the Titans game included Dane Jackson, Jordan Phillips, Jordan Poyer, and Micah Hyde. Those four did not practice Thursday. If they all aren’t ready to go on Sunday, it would leave Buffalo with a very limited defense against a Miami Dolphins team that has looked explosive on offense so far.
For an easier look at things for Thursday’s practice:
- Dane Jackson – Did not practice
- Dawson Knox – Practiced (Limited)
- Ed Oliver – Practiced (Limited)
- Gabe Davis – Practiced (Limited)
- Jordan Phillips – Did not practice
- Jordan Poyer – Did not practice
- Matt Milano – Practiced (full participant)
- Micah Hyde – Did not practice
- Mitch Morse – Practiced (Limited)
- Tim Settle – Practiced (Limited)