City declares Cool Sweep, encourages residents to beat the heat in their waterparks, pool, and air-conditioned libraries
ROCHESTER, N.Y. – High temperatures are forecasted for Monday, and the City of Rochester reminds residents that Cool Sweep is in effect to help people beat the heat at City pool, spray parks, and air-conditioned facilities. Durand Eastman Beach is not open today due to the lifeguard shortage. Rec Centers are closed this week for staff training.
City branch library locations with air conditioning, see hours here:
- Arnett Branch, 310 Arnett Blvd., (585) 428-8214
- Central Library of Rochester & Monroe County, 115 South Ave., (585) 428-7300
- Charlotte Branch, 3557 Lake Ave., (585) 428-8216
- Frederick Douglass Community Library, 971 South Ave., (585) 428-8206
- Lincoln Branch, 851 Joseph Ave., (585) 428-8210
- Lyell Branch, 956 Lyell Ave., (585) 428-8218
- Maplewood Community Library, 1111 Dewey Ave., (585) 428-8220
- Monroe Branch, 809 Monroe Ave., (585) 428-8202
- Phillis Wheatley Community Library, 33 Dr. Samuel McCree Way, (585) 428-8212
- Sully Branch, 530 Webster Ave., (585) 428-8208
- Winton Branch, 611 N. Winton Rd., (585) 428-8204
Genesee Valley Pool: Open swim 1-4:45 p.m. and 6-7:30 p.m.; Lap swim 5-6 p.m.
City Spray Parks (all operate noon to 8 p.m., 7-days-a-week) R-Centers are closed so there will be no access to indoor facilities:
- Carter Street R-Center, 500 Carter St.
- Edgerton R-Center, 41 Backus St.
- David F. Gantt R-Center, 700 North St.
- Humboldt R-Center, 1045 Atlantic Ave.
- Thomas P. Ryan R-Center, 530 Webster Ave.
- Roxie Ann Sinkler R-Center, 75 Grover St.
- Tyshaun Cauldwell R-Center for Hope, 524 Campbell St.
Spray features especially for little ones, age 6 and under are available at the following locations:
- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial Park, 353 Court St. (at the play area)
- Fourth and Peck Park, Fourth and Peck Street
- Troup Street Park and Playground, Troup Street