Colors of Success DEI award presented
ROCHESTER, N.Y. (WHEC) — The Greater Rochester Chamber of Commerce presented its first annual Colors of Success DEI award Friday night.
The award was given to Dr. Keith Jenkins who serves as the vice president and associate provost for diversity and inclusion at Rochester Institute of Technology.
The award is given to those who have demonstrated exemplary leadership in advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in the Greater Rochester community.
News10NBC’s very own Raven Brown was there to emcee the event.
Click here to view the 2022 Colors of Success DEI Award publication with bios for all finalists.
A full list of nominees for the 2022 Colors of Success DEI Award presented by Greater Rochester Chamber is below:
- Sady Alvarado-Fischer, CDP, Corporate Director of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, Excellus BlueCross BlueShield
- Haris Arshad, Director of HR, CleanCraft
- Talethea Best, Sr. Vice President of People & Culture, YMCA of Greater Rochester
- Ajaleah Bobowski, Residential Director, People Inc.
- Dan Butler, Equity and Advocacy Division Director, Urban League of Rochester
- Kesha Carter, Chief Diversity Officer, Coordinated Care Services, Inc. (CCSI)
- Greg Constantino, Managing Director, Northwestern Mutual/Constantino Financial
- Marlene Cortés, Senior Program Manager, Empire Justice Center
- Sylvia David-West, Project Engineer, L3Harris Technologies
- Mike Evans, Executive Director, South East Area Coalition, Inc.
- Jeiri Flores, Advocacy Specialist Associate Director, Diversity & Inclusion, Strong Center for Developmental Disabilities
- Dr. Donna M. Harris, Associate Principal & Chief Diversity Officer, CGR
- Mona Isler, Executive Office Administrator, WXXI
- Dr. Keith Jenkins, Vice President and Associate Provost for Diversity and Inclusion, Rochester Institute of Technology
- Julio Jordan, Director of Diversity, Equity, Justice, and Inclusion, Ibero-American Action League
- Dr. Deanna Kimbrel, Chief Diversity Officer/Director, Department of DEI, Monroe County, New York
- Dr. Shaun Nelms, Professor & Superintendent, University of Rochester/Rochester City School District
- Stephanie Paredes, Assistant Director, Community & Belonging, Rochester Institute of Technology
- Annette Ramos, Monroe County Board of Elections Recruiter, Monroe County Board of Elections
- Denise Reed Lamoreaux, Director Equity & Belonging, Zillow
- Joseph Searles, Jr., Vice President & Chief Community Engagement Officer, Trillium Health
- Frank Staropoli, Member, Exploring Racism Groups and United Christian Leadership Ministry
- Joe Starling, Faith Community Inclusion Specialist, Heritage Christian Services
- Sara Taylor, Community Liaison and Training Specialist, Eleversity
- Nicole VanGorder, COO, Upstate Special Needs Planning
- Julio Vázquez, Sr., Chair of the Board of Trustees, Eugenio María De Hostos Charter School
- Rev. Dr. Marlowe V.N. Washington, Senior Diversity Officer, St. John Fisher University