House fire on Grand Avenue displaces three people

Firefighters battle fire on Grand Avenue

Firefighters battle fire on Grand Avenue

ROCHESTER, N.Y. — Fire crews responded to a house fire on Grand Avenue Saturday at 7:49 a.m.

Everybody made it out of the house at 61 Grand Ave., but one was treated for possible smoke inhalation and taken to the hospital. The American Red Cross responded with housing for three adults.

Rochester firefighters, responding to a call about the fire that indicated someone may have been trapped, found heavy smoke on the second floor, saw people leaving the building, and heard from one resident, the owner, that everyone was out. Firefighters took about 44 minutes to get the fire under control, stretching hose lines to the second floor and extinguishing the fire in the kitchen.

Fire investigators say the fire originated due to a problem with electrical wiring behind the refrigerator.