Dozens of firefighters fight 3-Alarm fire on Lincoln Avenue
ROCHESTER, N.Y. – The Rochester Fire Department responded to an automatic fire alarm at 121 Lincoln Avenue, which is Lincoln Avenue Business and Sports Park, on Saturday.
Fire crews arrived to find a fire on the inside of an exterior wall that extended to the second floor and roof. They were able to put out the fire and contain the damage to that section of the building. The fire was a 3-alarm fire because of the location and the size of the building.
“Getting water supply and stretching the hose lines back there was sort of a thing, that’s what made it a third alarm. We needed more fire companies to arrive on location to help us get the resources we need to extinguish the fire,” said RFD Captain David Abdoch.
At this time the fire is under investigation, but it appears to be accidental at this point. Everyone made it out of the building safely and no firefighters were hurt.
The RFD would like to remind everyone to make sure their smoke alarms are in working condition and test them on a monthly basis.
If any city resident does not have a working Smoke Alarm or Carbon Monoxide Alarm, they should call 311, and the RFD will respond to install one for them.
The RFD also would like to remind everyone, that when the Smoke Alarm goes off and you do have smoke and or fire in their house, GET OUT AND STAY OUT! Do not go back inside for anything!
Call 911 from outside and in a safe place.
Know your way out of the building in an emergency and practice a plan.