Four people escape fire on Curlew Street

[anvplayer video=”5179506″ station=”998131″]

ROCHESTER, N.Y. – The Rochester Fire Department responded to 341 Curlew Street on Wednesday to battle a house fire.

Officials say the occupants of the one-story home were able to get out safely before crews arrived, due to working smoke detectors. Crews were able to get into the home, extinguish the fire, and search the house.

Officials tell News10NBC that a neighboring shed suffered damage as well, due to the amount of fire coming from the home.

The fire caused significant damage to the home, so the Red Cross will be assisting two adults and two children who have been displaced.

No civilians or firefighters were injured. The fire is under investigation at this time.

The RFD would like to remind everyone to make sure:

· Their smoke alarms are in working condition and test them on a monthly basis.

· To practice your exit plan regularly

· If there is a fire, get out and stay out.

· Call 911 from a safe place outside the building.

If any city resident does not have a working Smoke Alarm or Carbon Monoxide Alarm, they should call 311, and the RFD will respond to install one for them.