Hurricane Fiona relief effort for Puerto Rico and Dominican Republic
ROCHESTER, N.Y. – On Friday Monroe County Executive Adam Bello urged the community to contribute needed items for those affected by Hurricane Fiona in Puerto Rico and in the Dominican Republic. Working with Ibero-American Action League, drop boxes have been set up around the county for donations.
“Many are still without power ten days after Fiona pounded Puerto Rico and the Dominican Republic with high winds and more than 30 inches of rain,” said County Executive Bello. “Many of our residents have family and loved ones in Puerto Rico and in the Dominican Republic who need our help. Like this community did for Ukraine, I know our county residents will show their concern and generosity again. My thanks to Ibero for their help mobilizing this effort.”
Items needed include:
• Toilet paper
• Sanitary pads
• Solar lamps
• Water filters
• Over-the-counter medicine
- Monroe County Office Building, 39 W. Main Street
- Monroe County Department of Human Services, 691 St. Paul #1
- Monroe County Department of Human Services, 111 Westfall Road
- Monroe County Hospital, 435 E. Henrietta Road
- Ibero-American Action League, 817 E. Main St.
- Ibero Community Resource Center, 216 Clifford Ave