Lilac Festival 2023 will be 10 days in row instead of three weekends
ROCHESTER, N.Y. — The 2023 Lilac Festival will run for ten days in a row instead of three weekends in a row as it did for 2021 and 2022.
The City of Rochester announced the schedule on Tuesday for the 2023 Lilac Festival. The 125th anniversary of the festival at Highland Park opens on May 12 and closes on May 21. Here’s what we know about the schedule so far:
- May 12 – Opening Ceremonies, 125th Anniversary Celebration
- May 12, 15, 16, 17, & 18 – Lunch Specials
- May 13, 14, 20 & 21 – Art in the Park
- May 13 – Wine Tasting Expo & Lilac Parade
- May 14 – Craft Beer Expo
- May 17 – Seniors’ Day
- May 20 & 21 – 2nd Annual Health & Wellness Experience presented by Evans Bank
- May 21 – Lilac 10k, 5k and Donut Dash presented by the Louis S. Wolk JCC of Greater Rochester
The festival usually draws around half a million visitors with its rows of lilac bushes, free entertainment, food, and vendors. The 2023 festival will feature over 120 musical performances. Vendor registration is now open online.
The festival first started in 1898, in sync with the blooming of the most extensive collection of lilacs in the Northeast. Its hosted by Monroe County, the City of Rochester, and Visit Rochester.
The current sponsors of the festival include Evans Bank, Pepsi, Wilkins RV, Louis S. Wolk JCC of Greater Rochester, Country Inn & Suites Pittsford, Home2Suites Greece, Angels in Your Home/Hilton East.