Malfunctioning equipment causes West Ridge Road Wegmans to be evacuated

[anvplayer video=”5133072″ station=”998131″]

GREECE, N.Y. – Shoppers at the Ridgemont Wegmans had to be evacuated for about 30 minutes on Sunday. That’s the Wegmans on West Ridge Road in Greece.

The Ridge Road Fire Department said they found smoke, which was caused by malfunctioning electrical equipment. Fortunately, the equipment was secured, and shoppers were welcomed back into the store.

The bakery department presented the firefighters with a cake as a thank you.