Monroe County holds end-of-summer initiative for disposal of hazardous materials
ROCHESTER, N.Y. — Now that summer is nearing its end, perhaps you’re wondering what to do with your waste products.
Monroe County has an end-of-summer initiative for disposing of hazardous materials. You can drop these items off at the Monroe County/Waste Management Ecopark at 10 Avion Drive. The Ecopark is accepting the items from 1 to 6 p.m. on Wednesdays or 7:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturdays.
- Used or empty propane tanks (Free, no appointment necessary)
- Lithium-Ion batteries (Free, no appointment necessary)
- Pool additives, pesticides, automotive fluids fertilizers (Free, appointment required)
- Pharmaceutical wastes (Free, no appointment necessary)
- Air conditioners, dehumidifiers, refrigerators, and freezers (No appointment necessary, $20
- Tires (Residents only, fees apply)
To make an appointment, visit Ecopark here or call 585-753-7600 (Option #3) and leave
a message. To see other items accepted at Ecopark, click here.
County Executive Bello also announced that Monroe County’s Department of Environmental Services
will host two mobile hazardous waste collections this fall – appointments are required:
- Saturday, September 17 – Penfield Department of Public Works, 1607 Jackson Road
- Saturday, October 1 – Town of Irondequoit Department of Public Works, 2629 East Ridge Road