Neighbor speaks after woman, 59, dies in Irondequoit fire

[anvplayer video=”5191680″ station=”998131″]

IRONDEQUOIT, N.Y. — The woman found dead after a fire in her Irondequoit condo on Sept. 3 has been identified as Stephanie Terry. News10NBC spoke with Terry’s neighbor.

The fire was called in around 11:50 p.m. at the Westage at the Harbor, 5400 St. Paul Blvd. Several witnesses told officials that they could see flames shooting out from a nearby window air conditioning unit and after that, the condo was fully engulfed in flames.

Fire crews were able to pull Terry, 59, from the condo. She was taken to Strong Memorial Hospital where she died from her injuries.

Sue Hagen lived next door to Terry. “We’re attached. So it was a big shock and everybody around the community was very shocked and they all came together and called the police and the authorities,” Hagen said.

The fire is under investigation by the Monroe County Fire Bureau. Officials believe the fire to be accidental.