Home owner and reptiles survive house fire on Garson Avenue

ROCHESTER, N.Y. – The Rochester Fire Department was dispatched to a house fire on Garson Avenue around 6:30 p.m. Sunday. When firefighters arrived, they discovered that the fire was in the basement near the dryer. The fire was quickly put out, but wiring and contents in the basement were destroyed. The rest of the house sustained smoke damage and is uninhabitable.

The owner will be staying with relatives. No firefighters or civilians were injured, and a snake and gecko also survived.

At this time, the fire is still under investigation.